Sunday, October 2, 2011

Decisions...Decisions...

I've pretty much decided that I'm going to go into epublishing.  While the novel is nowhere near ready for publication (I'm not even finished with the first draft yet), I have thought for a while about gathering my completed stories into an anthology.  The eleven stories total about 85,000 words.  Yeah, some of the stories are long.

I'm not ready to dive in yet.  A couple of the stories need some work.  Okay, one needs a lot of work; I don't remember why, but for some reason I finished the first draft and did nothing else with it.  So now I'm doing an aggressive, line-by-line edit of it.  In some circles, this is called rewriting.

I might put together a little essay to include with the stories, something that explains why I'm a writer, why I started and why it's now impossible for me to stop even if nothing else gets published.

The only thing that I'm a bit concerned about is the method of payment.  If payment has to go through PayPal, then I won't be dealing with them.  I won't go into details but let's just say that I have issues with PayPal.

Why am I going this route?  Well, if you can't get published in the more traditional manner, it's time to go a different route.

No comments:

Post a Comment