Sunday, January 6, 2013

01/06/13: ...And The Progress Continues...

2013 has started the way 2012 ended:  With continued progress, working toward actually completing projects that have languished for one reason or another.

The most recently completed project is the second draft of "The Shape of the Truth", a story which actually started its life as the opening of a novel.  The story didn't fit with the rest of the novel, so I decided to use it as its own story.

The second draft was actually a line-by-line edit of the story, which I felt necessary since I hadn't working on it for a couple of years.  Now I just have to type it up.

With luck, this kind of production will continue through the rest of the year.  Next half-finished project to be worked on:  "Rae", the story of two EarthGov Security agents, set in about the same time frame as "The Shape of the Truth" (the late 22nd-early 23rd century).

ETA:  I just finished typing up "The Shape of the Truth".  It's a healthy 16,168 words.  Of course, that'll change as I move through the next stages of editing...which will start in about three weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment