Saturday, January 25, 2014

Revelation


I think I've reached a bit of a milestone. A bit of a realization, actually, something that's taken me over fifty years to suss out. And the realization can be stated with two words:

I'm okay.

I'm over (mostly) the self-loathing that I've dealt with most of my life. I don't look in the mirror and hate what I see anymore. So, what led me to this incredible revelation? Simple: I'm a writer. More than that, I'm a published author. Self-published, but still published. There are three books out there with my name on them, a total of seventeen individual stories all written by me.

And there are more coming...a novella titled ON A COLD WIND and a novelette titled THE FAULT LIES NOT..., both being edited right now. Plus I'm working mightily on completing more stories, which will either be published individually or combined into an anthology (depends on their assorted lengths). On top of that, there's the vampire novel UNDER THE DARK OF THE MOON...which I'm hoping the third draft will actually be finished.

So there is something positive in my life...and it's about time I actually acknowledged it.

And to end this bit of revelation, here's the appropriately titled "I'm Ok" by Styx...


No comments:

Post a Comment