Saturday, October 25, 2014

Expanding Horizons

I've been doing research into marketing the books in an effort to try and increase sales. There are a lot of options out there, and a lot of them cost a fair bit of money.  Unfortunately, given my current lack of employment, I can't afford any of them. To that end, I've been looking into free options. That brought me to a few sites that let you advertise for free. I've also been posting the books on Facebook, Twitter and other sites.

It hasn't helped...yet.

While reading Crush It With Kindle by John Tighe (available on Amazon, of course), I came across something that's so obvious it made me wonder why I hadn't done it before. Up until now, the books have been available exclusively as ebooks. Why not make them available as Print on Demand as well? They're already formatted and ready to go, so why not take the steps necessary to expand the market some more?

I'm my own worst enemy, sometimes.

So using CreateSpace, I submitted With Eyes Open... I did change the cover a bit; it's still the same image but cropped differently. The image now fills most of the cover, with the title and by-line toward the lower right corner. The text is the same. I also had to change the price. The ebook is $2.99 but the POD edition is $5.38. According to Tighe, the difference in price will bring people to Kindle to buy the less expensive ebook.

In all honesty, I'm not concerned which one sells better. I just want the books to sell.

As soon as I get the addresses, I'll be sure to post them.

ETA: The print edition of With Eyes Open... is now available from CreateSpace. Find it here... https://www.createspace.com/5071005

Here's the new cover, by the way...


No comments:

Post a Comment