Tuesday, August 4, 2015

I've Been Thinking...

I’ve been thinking I should do more with this blog than simply as a glorified billboard for my books. So let’s start at the top…

What’s there to say, really?

​I’m a veteran retail wage slave with aspirations of literary adequacy.

​I was born in New York and currently live in Central Florida (aka The Land That Time Remembered). I discovered science fiction at an early age, growing up on
Star Trek, Lost In Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Captain Scarlet and The Thunderbirds. I’ve always had an active imagination; I always played with the toys I got for Christmas and my birthday but I had more fun playing with the boxes. I actually started writing in 1975, putting together some truly horrendous Space:1999 fan fiction. (Emphasis on horrendous. Fortunately, all copies have been destroyed.) I started writing seriously the day after I saw Star Wars. To be honest, I wouldn’t be writing today if it hadn’t been for my tenth grade English teacher. Writing is the only thing that keeps me sane, and I’m happiest when I’m writing.

I’ve self-published/e-published (whatever the correct term is), three anthologies, three single stories. I mostly write science fiction and fantasy. All my stories take place in the same timeline. This timeline stretches from just before the Big Bang, 13.8 billion years plus one day ago, to the year 7869. Because of this, it’s quite possible that characters living in the same time period can appear in each other’s story. In the case of my immortal characters, they appear across time under different names.

My main goal when writing is to entertain. I’m not looking to try and teach anything, nor am I out to highlight society’s ills.  That I leave to better writers than myself. I’m writing for the person who wants to be distracted from life for a little while.

I think that’s a pretty good start. Anyone have any questions? Share them here and I’ll be more than happy to tackle them.

No comments:

Post a Comment