Monday, October 15, 2012

My First Shot At Epublishing...

Not having any success getting the stories published with traditional publishing, I've decided to take a different route.

Now, yes, I have had stories published via the more traditional methods, that is, I write the story, make sure it's as perfect as I can get it then send it to an editor to decide if it's worthy of publication or not.  However, after getting two published in 2005, and two more published in 2008, I started looking into alternatives.

Enter Lulu.

For this first project, I took two stories, "With Eyes Open..." and it's sequel, "A Voice in the Darkness", and put them together under one title, With Eyes Open... (Original, I know.)  After editing the stories again, and making sure the project fit all of Lulu's formatting requirements (which seemed to take longer than the actual writing of the stories), I submitted it.  'Course, then I had to decide on a price.  I kept it low, since it's only two stories.

Now it's up and ready to go.

If there's any interest, here's the link:  http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wordboy1

Now I need to get to work on the next project, four full-length stories plus three shorter pieces that frame the longer stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment