Sunday, June 2, 2013

It...Is...Alive! The Website Is Now Live

Since I decided to take the plunge, become an independent author and self-publish, I've been researching promotion and marketing. I don't want to become that author...the one who can't post anything on Facebook or Twitter without pimping his books.

Part of my research said it would be beneficial to have a website. So after hemming and hawing for the better part of a year, I decided to take the plunge. Over the last week, I've been working on a website, working through Wix.com. It's not fancy or flashy, but it gives me a place to direct people. Instead of telliing people to go to Lulu for With Eyes Open... and Smashwords for Campfire Stories, I can say, just go to the website and click on the BOOKS button.

It was actually pretty easy to do. Wix has a variety of template, and setting up the pages was pretty straightforward. I had to start using my Hotmail account again, y'know, for when those fan letters start flooding in.

<ahem>

So here's the address, if you're interested in checking it out: http://wordboy1.wix.com/wordboyswords

No comments:

Post a Comment