Sunday, September 15, 2013

09/15/13 - Progress - Editing "The Fault Lies Not..."

Finished the first editing pass on "The Fault Lies Not..." Aside from the usual grammatic error and typos, there were details that came up later in the novel that needed to be mentioned earlier.

There's still one part that I'm not sure about, a scene where Lin, the main character and first-person narrator, glosses over how she came to be taken hostage by the killer she was tracking. When I first wrote it, it was mostly because I wanted to get the story finished. Now, I'm thinking I might leave it that way.

I had also thought about changing the ending. As it stands now, the climax of the story happens "off screen", while Lin is being treated for injuries sustained while she was held hostage. It may change on subsequent editing passes, but for now, I like the ending the way it is.

Now, I'm going to see if I can do anything with "The Fast Fading Light."

No comments:

Post a Comment