Friday, December 6, 2013

Progress Report 12/06/13 - "Rae" Is Now Complete

It took a while but "Rae" is finally finished.

Thinking back, I really can't believe how long this story has been in progress. If my memory serves me correctly, I started it back when I worked at Lowe's, which was from 1999 - 2001. So yeah, that's a long time to be working on one story. Not as long as I had been working on "The Fault Lies Not", but still a significant stretch of time.

The word count for the first draft came in at 14,210 words. That puts it squarely in the novelette range.

I'm not completely sold on the ending, but it's only a first draft, so it's goal was simply to be completed. The editing process will polish it up.

Now to turn my attention to the next uncompleted story, "Raven".


No comments:

Post a Comment