Saturday, December 31, 2011

Trying To Find My Way At The End Of The Year

I've been thinking about the novel and the reasons why I haven't been able to work on it.  I think I've figured out what the problem is,

There's a point in the story when Brynna's husband, Georges, is kidnapped by the Hunters.  Up to that point, the novel is just fine.  After that, it began to seem like Brynna became a "guest star" in her own novel.  It seems like I was becoming sidetracked by Kath and Marina, Eckes and his team, as well as various other characters.  I wasn't telling Brynna's story, I was telling the story of the people around her.

So it's time to take a few steps back and get the story back on track.

Of course, that means going through five full chapters.  But it will help me get the novel going again, get it back to the life of my main character and hopefully, in the long run, will help me finish the novel.

'Cause that's my only resolution:  To finish the novel in 2012.

At least, before the world end on 21 December, 2012, that is.

(No, I don't believe the world is going to end on 12/21/12.  Nothing is going to happen on that day.  Collectively, we're all going to wake up and say, "What day is it?  It's Friday?  Is it payday?")

(The day I'm really waiting for is 22 December, 2012.  That's the day all the excuses start and all the true believers start trying to explain why nothing happened on the twenty-first.)

No comments:

Post a Comment