Monday, January 16, 2012

01/16/12: Continued Evolution As A Writer...Yeah, I'm Working On A Website

After much deliberation and wondering, I've decided it was time to start working on a website.  There's not much at the moment, just a title, which it shares with this blog (My Cluttered Mind), a picture of the Andromeda Galaxy and a quick introductory paragraph.  I'll be working on it as time allows.

For now, I'll probably just use it to highlight this blog and track my submissions in a bit more detail.  Once the novel is finished and ready to submit, I'll probably track my search for an agent (since most traditional book publishers won't look at a manuscript if it doesn't come from an agent).  I'll also be featuring my poetry, too.

(Yes, I used to write a lot of poetry.  There was a time, when I was on Weight Watchers and attending the weekly meetings, I would write a haiku before every meeting.  And I wrote a very long homage to T.S. Eliot's "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"...which one person thought was hysterical even though it was written in the midst of soul-crushing depression.)

I wonder...does publishing an excerpt from the stories constitute being published?  Hmmm...must look into that...

No comments:

Post a Comment